Amana is the company which is popular over the years for making the high quality products especially freezers and refrigerators. The well known Amana XRSS264 American Fridge Freezer is a proof of company’s advanced research and development and its long term experience in designing products with commendable outlook and performance. This a highly rated unit which is made up of stainless steel front supported by black side which is the ideal match for decor in most of the kitchens.
A general description of this freezer unit is that this a frost free design, free standing supported by side by side doors. Right on the freezer door, there is a convenient ice and cold water dispenser which is often required and therefore is designed for frequent use. This is made easy to use without the need of opening the freezer door to get ice. It is important as it saves a lot of time and energy and is handy. The total area of the set is 599 litres which is distributed between the fridge and freezer compartment. By viewing the refrigerator space closely, it can be seen the shelves are very convenient to use and are made of tempered glass, moreover, the shelves are strong, smash proof and easily cleanable. As the area has deep door storage and adjustable shelves, the food products can be placed and stored easily in a perfect arrangement. The shelves can be easily removed if the containers or bottles are taller; thus the entire space is easily adjustable. The vegetable drawer also provides the option of humidity control which helps to keep the vegetables fresh and edible for a long time. The 4-star freezer has the ability to minimize the energy costs and keeps the frozen products easily approachable so that the user would not have to the door open all along. Even when there is a loss of power, melting or spoiling is not a concern for about 24 hours.
Main Features of the Freezer
The main features of the freezer are given below.
- Primary Features
- 1.Automatic Ice maker
- When using the ice maker of the freezer for the first time, confirm that the ice bin is in the right place and ice maker arm is held below. Once the freezer section is in the temperature between 0° to 2°F ice maker will fill with water and will start functioning. The first yield of ice requires around 24 hours after the installation. The ice formed within first 12 hours of operation is to be disposed of to confirm the set up is free from any kind of impurities. Then it is to be confirmed that the ice bin is in place and ice maker arm is kept below. Confirm ice bin is in place and ice maker arm is down. Once the temperature of the freezer reaches 0° to 2°F, ice maker fills with water and begins the service. The complete yield of ice is produced in about every 3 hours. The production of the ice can however also be stopped by lifting ice maker arm until click is heard.
- 1.Shelves Ice Service Rack
- The ice rack is installed in a few steps. For installation, slide L-shaped groove of shelf down over rear wall screw. Push rack back until screw is stopped in L-shaped groove (1) . Slide front portion of shelf over front wall screw. The steps are repeated in reverse order to removal.
- Wire Basket
- The basket can be taken out be detaching it from extension. The front of the basket is then slanted upwards and pulled straight out. For installation, the basket is inserted into refrigerator liner rails and push back into place.
- 1.Door Storage
- Fixed Door Shelf
- The fixed door shelf provides convenient storage for frozen food items in freezer door.
- Tilt-Out Bin
- The tilt-out bin facilities easy storage for frozen food items in freezer door and slants onward to make the food products accessible.
Ice Cube Tray
- This feature is supported by a few models. The ice cube tray gives ample space to freeze the cubes for controlled supply of ice.
Lower Basket Divider
- This feature is also supported by a few models. The lower basket separator facilitates the division of baskets in few parts. To remove and replace the divider, it is pulled straight upwards. And to install again, top corners of the dividers are hooked over the horizontal basket rungs.